Thursday, December 13, 2007

Faith in Pups Unsupervised

A recipe for potential disaster:

One pup of uncertain behavior, bouncing off walls as of 7:25am

One Christmas tree, fully decorated

Multiple gifts, including at least 3 designated for the previously mentioned pup, which he has previously located and expressed an interest in possibly tearing to shreds. Two of the three invovle pup snackers.

Rain, which has already attacked Mr. Pitiful (i.e. aforementioned pup) once in the wee hours and threatens to return.

Combine these ingredients and you have a pup, with an occassional rare inclination to be a bad pup when provoked, left inside unsupervised all day with a fully decorated tree and enticingly tempting gifts.

I have faith that he will calm down, settle on the couch with feet in air, and sleep the entire day without a single glance at the yummy treats available a few feet away. I just know it. I do. I'm sure of it. I have faith. I hope I'm right.

6 comments:

Supermom said...

You obviously didn't read the cover story on the Southern Style section of the paper yesterday. :)

Susan said...

Nope. And now I'm scared. What'd I miss? Is my pup on the "Most Wanted" list again? I'd look for it online, but I'm pretty sure I'd never find it.

From the Doghouse said...

Maybe he'll just eat the present that's not for him.

Susan said...

And for the record, he was super-good pup. As far as I could tell, he was feet-in-air all day. Didn't even attack the napkin that was well within reach and really deserved shredding.

From the Doghouse said...

Good doggie!

Supermom said...

Glad to hear he was a good pup.

Wish I could say the same for mine. Thursday he was a VERY bad pup. And unfortunately for her (but fortunately for me) hubby got home first.