Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Cost of Cute



Six blisters, evenly distributed 3 on each foot, the only shoes I can wear today are my sneakers, and totally worth it. They were actually comfortable for the first 4 hours, it was the last 3 that got me. If I had to guess, it could have been the second round of dancing to La Bamba at the reception. I actually got off better than one of the bride's sisters, who ended up going barefoot during the service because her feet were hurting so bad after the first round of pictures that she could barely walk.

I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, in part because I was doing so much running around that I didn't get a chance to snap many, but I made a deal with a couple of other bridesmaids to share, so hopefully I'll be able to post some to my Flickr later in the week.

5 comments:

mayberry said...

Of all the memories I have of my sister's wedding, the main one that overshadows all others is how bad those #*&( shoes made my feet hurt.

From the Doghouse said...

From worried about how you'll interact with others to turning into the Dancing Queen; I'd say your weekend ended up pretty good!

Susan said...

I was feeling a million times better on Saturday. It's insane how every now and then I wake up and just can't function, and every other day I'm good. Saturday I was good, thank goodness. But even if I hadn't been, dancing is a whole lot easier than actually having to have a conversation!

Supermom said...

well, so much for us sharing shoes... I'm a knubby 5 1/2.

Susan said...

It's YOU! You're that one person who can actually wear all those toddler-sized shoes on the clearance rack! There are never 8 1/2's left, always those little shoes that might fit a few of my toes, but never my monsterous foot!

I have a box and a half of shoes I've been trying to give away. Nobody can wear them.