Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stalking - Updated

If you happened to peek into the employee lounge at the Clinton Walmart you'd probably see a poster with a security camera picture of my husband and me, with a warning to keep an eye out for these suspicious looking characters who have been seen casing the electronics department at least 4 times on Tuesday. If they had been communicating with other retail establishments, you might see a similar warning in Game Stop, Best Buy, and Circuit City.

Why, you ask?

Because since the end of April we have been counting down the days to November 13. The day of release for Raving Rabbids 2 for the Wii.

The day is here. My husband took off work today and was at Game Stop, then Walmart, then Best Buy, then Circuit City and Toys R Us shortly after noon. No rabbids. Inevitably, at each store, they hadn't gotten it yet but expected it on the truck later tonight. Meanwhile, they had Super Mario Galaxy if we wanted that...

Die, Mario, DIE! I don't want no stupid Mario Galaxy! I want my RABBIDS! I need to plunge a bunny!

We made a couple more trips back to Walmart after work, most recently about 9:30pm, to see if they'd stocked. No rabbids. We shopped a bit, then went back to further inspect the stock boxes in the aisle, but no rabbids. They'd restocked Wii's, but we don't need a Wii. We have one. WE WANTED THE RABBIDS!

Greg is off work again tomorrow and will try again. I am too blasted honest to call in sick, even with a severe case of bunnyitis. But I may skip lunch and leave early if he finds one.

Die, Mario, die.

UPDATE - I just got the call that the bunnies have been located. Luckily there was a manager standing nearby when Greg inquired at Game Stop, because they only had 2 copies and they hadn't been unpacked from the box yet. The manager, who deserves service kudos, found the box and dug out the game for him. Tonight, I defend my TV against bunny invasion!

2 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

To quote that great philospher Elmer Fudd:

"Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit ... "

Susan said...

You don't really want to KILL them, just shoot them with plungers!

Mario, on the other hand...