Thursday, November 29, 2007

Progress

Four and a half weeks ago I was notified that I would be moving to my new office in two weeks. Ppffttt. Sorry, I can't help but giggle every time I say that.

This morning I was told that I would absolutely be moving next week. I guess that's progress. If "two weeks" actually equals six weeks, then maybe "one week" equals three weeks, which means I'd be moving right around Christmas.

I told my boss this morning, after gaining control of my burst of laughter, that my money was on something closer to March. She ASSURED me next week. I told her that if I moved next week, I'd buy her lunch. I don't feel very threatened by the possibility. And, to put it mildly, I haven't started packing yet.

6 comments:

Webmaster said...

What's the problem here?
...
It just doesn't seem fair for them to jerk you around like this.

From the Doghouse said...

How close do you sit to your boss? If it's within eyeshot, I'd pack everything up and sit it right in front of her; after all, she said it would be soon, right?

Oh, and since everything's packed up, I can't do a whole lot; I'll take care of that project when I get in my new office.

Susan said...

We've been dancing this tango for 9 months, since the day I started here. The problem is I work for the state. Several people are moving, and I have to wait for the current tenants to move out, which requires their new office to be ready, and THEN their phone lines moved, THEN they have to pack and physically get out, THEN the office has to be painted, THEN my phone line has to be moved... Domino effect. It took 5 weeks for me to get a phone when I started here. It was 3 months before I got a key to the office!

Susan said...

And Doghouse, I don't even work in the same building as this boss (I actually have 4 bosses) at the moment. The new office will be much closer to her, but much further away from the doctors I actually work with. I'd rather stay where I am, so I haven't been real vocal about it. Kept hoping they'd forgotten about me.

Webmaster said...

Guess the old saying is true. Nothing moves quickly in government. :(

mayberry said...

Yep, procrastination on the packing sounds like a plan. That's a surefire way to have them call you in about 10 minutes and say "OK! Bring your stuff!"