Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Over the River and Through the Woods

It's a holiday week and everybody seems to be traveling somewhere far away. I have to say I'm glad I'm not one of them.

My sister-in-law and nephew are in town visiting from Texas. It's been good to see them; they don't get to visit often. I've mentioned before that I've got great in-laws, and that definately extends to Misty and Randy. I like spending time with them. We've been able to hang out a couple of times since they got here over the weekend and will spend Turkey Day with them at the in-laws house. They'll make the LOOOOONG drive back on Friday.

Jen and Rob are taking an anniversary vacation to the mountains of Georgia this week, which is why we've temporarily taken in the cow. They'll continue a driving tour of the state to visit family in Atlanta and then probably head to check on her parents in Mobile, since her dad just got out of the hospital. I'm glad they've had a few days to relax before having to jump back into the insanity of the holidays. This is always a crazy time of year for both of them.

Lauren and Ed took the big plunge this week. They took the boys to the Mouse House. Yep. Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa with a 2 and 5 year old at Disney World, the week of Thanksgiving. I haven't heard any news, but I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures. I'm curious to see if Ian is traumatized by the characters. He's a pretty tough kid, so I figure he's probably adopted a couple of them to take home. And Edwin's been looking forward to this for months, pouring over maps of the parks. I know they're having a great time. Ok, so I kinda wish I could be there. A bit. Just to see my boys. And get a bucket of Disney Tater parts. But mostly to see the boys. Have I mentioned how much I miss the boys?

Speaking of my boys, last I heard my cousin Lynn and her husband were trekking from Arkansas to Georgia with my other two boys (Parker and Dalton) to visit Chris' mother for the holiday. I'm hoping to see them at some point before Christmas, but their families are scattered and it's hard to get our paths to cross. I'm glad we went to see them in August. So many little people, so little time to teach them bad habits! Sigh.

Greg and I will be literally heading over the river and through the woods this weekend, but just to my parents' house for one of our usual two day trip, enhanced by a mini-turkey day, non-turkey lunch on Saturday. In light of Misty & Randy's 12 hour drive back to San Antonio on Friday, I won't complain about the possibiliy of extra traffic on our 2 hour turkey trot to Philly.

2 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow is all for turkey as a main course.

Moo!

Susan said...

I'm all for it too, but after the first few rounds earlier in the week, I'll gladly settle for a baked ham and some chicken dressing by Saturday! Yum. I'd settle for that now...