Saturday, November 3, 2007

Memo to Casper

Memo

To: Casper

From: The one that feeds you

You were not killed, tortured, or abused. You were given a bath. You were getting stinky, and in order for you to continue to enjoy a life inside with your people, you had to be clean. I apologize for any insult you may have suffered, but please note that I to was subject to bathing myself, shortly after I chased you around trying to rinse off the soap while you whined like a baby; was soaked by you knocking me down and shaking all over me; and then chased you around the back yard trying to dry you off while you freaked out because you were wet. Now you smell much better, look pretty, and can sleep on the couch without smelling up the living room. And yes, I'm going to brush you later. Deal.

You do this once every few weeks, I do this pretty much every day. Think about that.

3 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

So, your bathroom got washed down too, I take it?

Supermom said...

how did the wedding go?

Susan said...

Doghouse - Oh no, we don't give pups baths inside. Tried that when he was younger and it was calamity. He gets hosed down in the driveway, with his leash tied off to a pole. I thought the neighbors were going to call the ASPCA at one point. He's a big tough dog until it comes time to rinse, then he whines like he's dying.

And SuperMom - the wedding isn't until December. We were dress fitting and accessory shopping on Friday. Still got two more showers next weekend!