Tuesday, November 20, 2007

If Only We Worked for the City Instead of the State

The business manager for the program Greg runs has taken a new job and is officially gone as of this week. In light of the precedent set here, Greg has decided to appoint me as interim business manger for the next 36 hours so I can approve heafty raises for both of us. I have to step down before Monday when his boss gets back from vacation and finds out.


Oh wait, we work for the state, not the City of Jackson. Dang.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Ha!

The Topiary Cow said...

This mayor seems able to think up more and more ways to subvert the intent of the law.

Millionaire Melton="Never pay for anything you want to give your friends, just stick it to the taxpayers."

Moo!

Susan said...

He makes me sad. I saw him speak to a group of high school sophomores several times before he ran for Mayor and he was incredible. The kids loved him. I saw him speak to the same age group a year after he was elected and I was shocked at the change. He didn't make any sense. He wasn't even the same man. I'm just glad I don't live in Jackson, although I work there so it's still my problem!

From the Doghouse said...

Susan, that's just sad. Your story and the news commentary where they used his footage about police promotions really sum things up.

mayberry said...

Sounds like a plan! Been missin ya while I was out on my butt. Been catching up on everybody's blogs today at "work" with my high-speed dsl that I have missed like a long lost sibling! =)

Susan said...

She's alive! She's alive!

Glad you're back. And I know what you mean about the high speed. I was on dial up until I met Greg. There are definate benefits to dating/marrying a super-geek!