Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend Do-over

This weekend has turned out worse than I could have anticipated. Saturday was so bad I ended up just curling up in bed at 3:30 in the afternoon and sleeping for a couple of hours in an attempt to recover. I couldn't even begin to explain the pain, but I will say this: I don't shop in Jackson on Saturdays. The people, the traffic, the noise... even medicated it's more than I can handle. I knew better, yet I had no real choice. Thankfully Jen saved me from the meltdown that almost took me out in Belk, and when it was all said and done I was able to take my dress for alterations without further delay or incident. I did not, however, manage the unpacking or the house cleaning. Hopefully today I can work on it, except I'm trying not to rattle around too much so I don't wake Greg up. He had to work midnight until who knows when last night. When I woke up at 6:30 this morning he wasn't home yet, and I was asleep again when he did get in.

Since it's the one night of the year that he has to work overnight, of course I woke up in a dread panic at 4 am from a horrific nightmare that had nothing to do with danger to my family or home, yet I woke up convinced that something terrible had happened to someone, or that somebody would try to get in my house. I forced myself to stay awake for the next 45 minutes, half out of fear and half wanting to make sure the dream didn't pick back up when I dozed back off. I have weird dreams, but it's very rare for me to have a full on panic nightmare.

To top it off, I am missing church for the 4th week in a row. I was out of town the previous 3 Sundays, and today I promised to haul my big brother to the airport. He has to be there at noon. Luckily we're televised so I can at least watch the sermon. And I just realize it was Communion Sunday. Sigh. I'm seriously missing my church.

Finally, I whipped up a 3 cheese omelet this morning, which I managed to both burn and mangle. I never burn omelets. Ever! I make great omelets! I need a weekend do-over.

4 comments:

Supermom said...

Hope your week goes better and next weekend is perfect!

Webmaster said...

Sounds like you need a trip to the spa, too. A massage and facial help 100 percent.

mayberry said...

I need a do-over too. Fights with hubby, a puking 3 year old and I also missed church and communion. Total bummer.

Susan said...

Guess I shouldn't complain too much, it's been a LOOOONG time since I've had such a totally crappy weekend! And despite everything, at least I didn't have a puking 3 year old... Things can always be worse.