Tuesday, October 9, 2007

An Ounce of Prevention...

My office is raising money for the upcoming Heart Walk (I work with cardiologists). Today's big fundraiser was selling boxed lunches from Chick Fil-A.

So, basically we're encouraging people to eat fried chicken sandwiches, chips, and brownies to raise money to prevent heart disease. Or we're trying to boost business in the cath lab, I don't know which.

I realize there are much less healthy things to eat, but I'm thinking under the circumstances we'd have been better served to avoid the food sale altogether and find another means of fundraising.

2 comments:

Supermom said...

love me some chick-fil-a

Susan said...

We do too. It's our usual Wednesday lunch at the Rehab Cafeteria. This it's just Tuesday and Wednesday! I can feel my aterteries hardening as I type...