Monday, October 15, 2007

Customer Service

I have pretty high expectations when it comes to customer service, so things like this tick me off.

I took my wedding gown to the cleaners in early June to have it cleaned and boxed. They told me it would take about 30 days, they box them in-house but had to special order the boxes. They'd call me when it's ready. No big deal, I'm not in a rush.

I called them mid-August becuase I hadn't heard from them. I figure I'd given them the wrong phone number or something, since that's something I'd do and not realize it. Nope. I was told that they had ordered boxes from a new supplier and when they came in they were poor quality, so they sent them back and had to reorder from a different supplier. No problem. Not only can I live with that, I appreciate the fact that they would make the extra effort to provide quality materials.

So now it's October. I'm starting to think this is ridiculous. I called them back today and spoke with the same woman. She remembered me. Seems they'd gotten some boxes in, but then ran out again. Then she said they had one left and she'd box it up for me this afternoon.

I probably would have been appreciative of that three months ago. Today I'm thinking that they've had my dress for almost FIVE MONTHS. Why didn't they order more boxes to start with? They knew how many dresses they had on hold. Furthermore, why hadn't they used the one box they had left? They had at least one dress that's been sitting there for five months! If I hadn't called them about it twice, would they ever have boxed it? If I were running that business, I'd want to box up every dress as fast as possible and get paid! I know two other women who are waiting to take their gowns to be cleaned/boxed, and at least one of them was waiting for me to get mine back to see if I was happy with this cleaners. Boy did they just screw themselves out of a referral.

No comments: