Wednesday, October 3, 2007

5 Things - Welcome Back

5 Things I'd Rather Do Than Be At Work One More Minute Today

And I haven't even gotten to my voice mail yet.

1. Take a hot poker to the eyeball.

2. Suffer a potentially fatal paper cut gash from a manilla folder.

3. Get mauled by a large tiger with dull claws.

4. Sit out in the sun for hours without sunscreen.

5. Shop for clothes without a budget.

One thing not on that list - return to work at the bank. Based on 8 previous years of experience, the FDIC/State auditors should be walking in the door within the next few days for their annual examination of my former department. For the first time in 8 years, it's not my problem. With that in mind, I can now face my voice mail.

4 comments:

AM said...

I love it....'tiger with dull claws"...good call.

Susan said...

I felt like I'd been mauled by that tiger by lunch time today! First day back from a long vacation SUCKS.

Webmaster said...

Can I ditto every one of those? LOL

Susan said...

I can't tell you how many times I ended a conversation yesterday by randomly waiting a few seconds and saying, "Hot poker to the eyeball." Most people simply thought I'd lost my mind, but they quit asking me to do things!