Tuesday, October 2, 2007

5 Things - Beach Trip

5 Things I Learned During My Beach Trip

1. If you open a retail establishment in Foley, it's an outlet. Whether you like it or not. Like, the Disney Store Outlet. The KB Toy Outlet. The Ford Dealership Outlet. The Hair Cut Outlet. The Local Bank Outlet. The Gas Station Outlet. Once you cross the city limits, I don't care what your store it, we're going to put Outlet on the end of it. Just know it's going to happen.

2. SPF 50 is a gift from God.

3. Signs that suggest a city have a zoo sometimes lie. It may be a ploy by the fuel industry to get you to drive an additional 30 miles.

4. Remember the game show Press Your Luck? Sure you do. You just don't remember it by that name. But there's a new version on the Game Show Network called Whammy. Now you remember. No whammy, no whammy, no whammy, STOP! Yep. We haven't missed our cable service, but after a week of watching the GSN, we may have to get dish.

5. The ocean gets angry. Very angry. Don't mess with it when it's angry.

6. After a certain number of meals consisting of seafood and fish, you really can get tired of it and crave good old beef. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't experienced it.

7. My pup really does love me, and misses me when I'm gone. Or misses being able to nap on his couch, one or the other.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

2. SPF 50 is a gift from God.

Word.

Regards,
Girl so white she lights up the night

Susan said...

People think I'm crazy because it takes me half an hour to apply sunscreen before I go down to the beach. Went through 2 bottles of sunscreen (one was a spray) and after 9 days I have a very mild tan, which is more than Greg got!

clstigger said...

I love the game show network.I go to sleep with it almost every night. Yes, Rob thinks I'm crazy. It is the one thing I like about having satelite.

Susan said...

I feel certain that if/when we ever pay for TV again, the service we choose will be based entirely on who offers GSN.