Sunday, September 30, 2007

Postcard To Sharonda and Victor

Well, it's official. As of today we've been married one full year. So now I feel like I have enough experience and authority on the subject to tell you what I really think of marriage, since you're diving in two short months from now.

I love it. Love every part of it. I realized last night, when I couldn't sleep, that if I tried to imagine a life without being married to Greg or being married to somebody else, it was like Twilight Zone stuff. Crazy. There's nowhere else I'd want to be, and nobody else I'd want to be with.

The one thing I've probably struggled with the most is "give and take." I'm pretty good at giving, but not so much at taking. I've always had a hard time letting people do things for me, and I've made a special effort to let Greg take care of me. Here's a secret - it's kinda nice. I like it. He does nutty stuff like bring me to the beach and then take me to two zoos in two days, eat anywhere I want, and lets me chase crab and... well, you get the picture.

I just wanted to drop you line today and let you know that with a year behind me, I'm looking forward to your wedding even more. I'm excited that you'll get to spend the next year enjoying the things that I've learned this past year. It rocked. Really.

P.S. People keep telling us that we're not newlyweds anymore, and that we should be over doing things like holding hands and going on dates and walking to the mailbox together. We kept telling them that we were allowed to like each other the first year, and that wasn't over until today. Well, we took a vote and decided to extend it another year. We still like each other. Crazy talk, I know.

Love, Susan and Greg

1 comment:

Greg said...

It was the best vacation ever!!! Do it again next year????