Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Postcard to Jennifer and Rob

Greetings from Bob's!




So far we've only eaten at Bob's twice, but plan to head that way again tomorrow. We also ate at LuLu's, which was fine, but not Bob's. I had their lunch special, which was red beans and rice, and it was good, but not any better than I could get at Hal and Mal's or Que Sera. Greg had the fried shrimp and grilled catfish. The catfish didn't have much flavor, and the shrimp weren't anything special. We did get a hoot out of feeding the fish though. We also ate at Tacky Jack's (well, the T. J. II, which is actually out at the marina at Ft. Morgan) and it was quite tasty. We had burgers and the ribeye sandwich. Yum Yum. We also went back to Cosmo's, where we'd eaten before and had the best steak in town. Greg had the steak again and it was fabulous. This time I opted for the soft shell crab instead of the crab cakes. Big mistake. They weren't very good, and I felt pretty yucky after eating them. Will be sticking to the yummified crab cakes in the future!

Hope you're having a good week. We had a stay at the house day today. Just got back from getting bitch-slapped by the surf. It looked so much more peaceful than it had in the past two days, until you got close. The it would smack you down and laugh. We also got to play with Fred the ghost crab and the psychotic birds. Now Greg's making dinner. Tomorrow will hopefully be zoo day, and we've talked about driving over to Pensacola just to see what's there. Hope you're having a good week!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm glad you're having fun! Keep it up - that's an order.

clstigger said...

Glad your having a good time. I do miss Bob's wish I had some of that good seafood. Rob is on his way to come have lunch with me. Guess Bob's is to far of a drive. If you go to P'Cola I recommend the naval museum. It has an imax. I haven't been there in a few years. Miss your daily emails this week. Jen

Supermom said...

Sounds like fun!

Susan said...

Keeping up the fun, as ordered! Except for today, when I was pretty sick most of the day, but still made it to the zoo. Feeling better now and hope to restart the fun tomorrow!