Friday, September 21, 2007

Chaos

Want to wreak havoc and chaos on every part of your life?

Plan a nice, long, relaxing vacation.

I personally apologize to anyone on the Gulf Coast who is affected by the current weather disturbance. It's all my fault, and I'm very sorry. No, I don't know what we're going to do yet, and won't until Crappy Weather System sends us a detailed agenda of it's plans. Which aint' gonna happen.

I want to apologize to anyone at work that I growled at this week. It wasn't really your fault, you were just one of 14 people who decided I should be in charge of the newest urgent project that needed to be finished before I leave for vacation, or in the next 4-6 hours, depending on the project. Only half of those will have a major affect on either our residency program or our overall accredidation, so I suppose it could have been worse. Although having to be at a work function until 7:30 last night didn't help.

I apologize to my husband for not getting the house cleaned, or at least sorting enough crap to find our confirmation number and contract for the beach house so that we can determine the policy for delayed check in, in the event of a Tropical Crappy Weather Warning. I'll find it tonight. Or the dog ate it. One or the other.

I apologize to Casper for the anticipated abandonment. We've hooked you up with two of your favorite substitute people, I promise! No, not Jen. And not any of your grandparents. Nor your Uncle Bill. It's those other two guys. You like them. They throw squeaks in the yard for you. And yes, it may rain. I'm sorry. I don't like it either. Your feet may get wet. I'll make it up to you. We'll bring you back a treat. And I don't mean a kitty, like Greg suggested. You're still getting a bath tonight. Yes, life sucks for you.

6 comments:

Supermom said...

when were you suppose to leave?

Susan said...

8AM tomorrow morning. Arrive in time for lunch at Bob's (on the beach) and check in to get our keys to the house at 3PM. Anybody wanna start put money on how that really turns out?

Supermom said...

you'll be gone for a whole week?

Susan said...

NOOOOOO. Not a week. NINE DAYS. Well, nine nights, ten days. Our anniversary is the 30th. We didn't want to have to drive home that day so we booked through Monday! Pup's going to pack up and leave us, but we got people hanging with him while we're gone.

Supermom said...

I hope the weather comes in and out quickly and you are able to enjoy the majority of your vacation. have fun

Susan said...

Greg finally called the realty company we're renting from and asked them what to expect. They said by tomorrow afternoon, a little wind and rain but nothing serious. I can live with that. May not get lunch at Bob's as soon as we get there (requires eating outdoors) but we have many days of Bob's to look forward to!

Hate that I couldn't make your lunch. I've been in work hell all week!