Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Attitude.

Yep. I just did that. I deleted not only the whinny post but also the Katrina post. Gone. I don't care what other people think about my plans, so I shouldn't whine. Wish it was that easy to wipe away crappy attitudes about things all the time. Wiped out the other post because I decided enough had been said, and I had nothing new to add, so I'll also take the cue from Mayberry and think about ONE year ago, not two. Because one year ago ROCKED. Well, it was darn close to it, anyway.

One year ago today I was 32 days away from FINALLY being married. We'd counting down since the day we got engaged, I think the total was like 156 days or something. That aside, one year ago today I was tired of waiting, tired of wedding showers, tired of dealing with details that I just DID NOT CARE about, and was ready to be Greg's wife and head to the beach. I wasn't sure I'd survive the next 32 days. I did. Thanks to many supportive friends and family who understood "I DON'T CARE" and my favorite wedding day phrase, "I'm not in charge of that..." It's led to a wonderful marriage with much silliness. So today, instead of depressing myself or whinning, I'm going to look forward to a real anniversary, in 32 days. At the beach.

5 comments:

mayberry said...

Wow! I've had a postive influence on people today! How about that? Who would have thunk it?

Hope you have fun on that beach getaway! Hubby and I eloped in the mountains of Tennessee so there were no wedding details to tend to really. We walked from our cabin to the chapel where we got married. I love to think back on that trip. What a blast!

Susan said...

Greg would have done pretty much anything to elope, but we both knew the consequences. I'm the only daughter (and my brother has never married) and his sister eloped, so his parents never got to "do" a wedding either. Uh huh. I wasn't facing the wrath of our mothers. I'd rather face "when are you having a baby" than face that.

We did my family's small country church, reception catered by the ladies of the church in the fellowship hall. No band, church organist played AND made the cake, Mom's first cousin did the GORGEOUS flowers, best friend's sister did my hair and makeup.. About the only thing we "booked" was the photographer, and that was only because I wanted my best friend's mother to be able to attend rather than have to work! I was perfect. I don't remember more than 10 minutes of it. But I got a ring, so I guess it was all wrapped up and legal!

Stacey said...

Wha' happen'?

Sounds like my wedding. I was all, "feh, I just wanna be married." I didn't trip out about anything, we just got our wedding on. Low stress, low maintenance.

Susan said...

What happened? Nothing happened. I simply realized that I was being immature. I shouldn't waste energy on ignorant, jealous, stupid, loud mouthed people who seem to think they know more about my life than I do. So I decided to remove the entire incident, because I'm a bigger person than that. And in the future, when it's clear that I'm right and they are wrong, and the aforementioned ignorant blah blah people want to give me advice, I can say, "What? I'm sorry, all I can hear is me saying TTTHHHBBBBB at you and laughing at your silly miserable life..." MUCH more mature response, I think.

Susan said...

As for the wedding, hey, we had a garden gnome and a flamingo in the wedding party... We didn't get uptight about NUTHIN.